Monday, May 01, 2006

Destiny is no matter of chance

This weekend was a nice relaxing sunny..........who am I kidding....it was total CHAOS. But that's for me to know and you to find out. Had a b-day party on Saturday which was also a farewell party for two friends that will be going back to Hong Kong to permanently stay there. This would mean that the spine of our group is gone and also the spine of my WoW group too.

The really hillarious thing was last night's dinner at a Steakhouse starting with a B and kinda sounds French because it has this accent thingy on it. Anyhow, we're greated with a really perky waitress "Joyce" telling me that the wait will be 20-30 minutes, maybe less. Since it was getting late already, I decided to wait. In that period of waiting time, the chef came out and told Joyce to erase one of the specials of the day because they're out. I had a bad feeling already.
So we headed on in after only waiting for 15 minutes. It was really good. We sat down in a "car-seat" spot. Our server's name was Vincent and he reminds me of a friend I once knew in HS. We started off with some crunchie oily croutons and bread. While waiting for my brother and fiancee to arrive, a group in the middle of the restaurant bursted into a chant of "Happy birthday". They clapped like monkeys after performing a trick after the singing.....and the "Oo Oo Ahh Ahh" too.
Well, finally my brother arrives and we start to place our order. As a usual, I go for the 24 oz. Prime Rib, Vincent then says "Oh, I forgot to mention that we're out of Prime Rib", alright then "Can I have the Steak then?" Vincent continues with "Oh yeah, we're out of that too....."........OKIE DOKIE.....we're at a steakhouse and we don't have Prime Rib or STEAK!?!?!?!......WTF?!?!?! Ok, this is when I got up with my BFG and shoved it down the waiter's throat and eyed him 2 inches from his face, breathing heavily on his face and bluging my eyes out so that he could see how bloodshot they are.........ok, that didn't happen but I was thinking that. We said "Could we have a few more minutes then?" When Vincent went to serve another table, we had a discussion of leaving the joint because.....yeah....no Cow.....no stay. We ended up staying and had pigs and aquatic stuff......should've gone to Bed Bobster's instead.......
So throughout dinner, people were singing Happy B-Day left right and centre. Then I hear from behind me....someone singing Happy B-Day......to me......?!?!.....What the? Turns out...someone with my exact name...and b-day sat behind me........what are the odds of that happening. Maybe he's some evil twin of mine from another dimension...hmmm....should I turn around and meet him? Or do I dig a hole?..........Option #2 it is.......so I whimpered away......I wish I met him now...it would've been an interesting conversation...or openner "Hi, I'm YOU...and YOU'RE ME......happy b-day."