Monday, May 15, 2006

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

The phrase of last week (and the week before) was "Low moral, then get more ale"......in a sense that was what it was.
Some time last week when I was heading into work, there was a jerk (yes a really really big jerk) decided to stretch his legs out over three seats in the subway. This was during rush hour when people are juet jamming into the car. I'll call him stupidhead for short (cuz his long name consists of vulger profanity that I will choose not to display). So Mr. Stupidhead just sits there and as people glare are him, he makes this "What are YOU looking at?" glare back at people. Finally a fair sized woman (I'll call her Angrylady) asks him to move his legs and Mr. Stupidhead just glares, acts stupid and disregards the request. Angrylady starts telling Mr. Stupidhead how unright he is and how he should be allowing people to get the seat. Someone yells (I'll call him Loudmouth) "I'll call the operator!!". Mr. Stupidhead just continues to sit there and doesn't move an inch. Loudmouth yells again, "I really will press the yellow emergency thing." Mr. Stupidhead yells in response, "This is NOT an emergency so F*** off." This really get's on Angrylady's nerves and well, she just goes to sit down on Mr. Stupidhead's leg. Finally Mr. Stupidhead retracts his legs and starts yelling, shouting, screaming vulgar words. People clap, mr. Stupidhead get's off at the next stop and I shut my eyes to continue my dreams of how I might've just got up and rip Mr. Stupidhead's legs off. In the end, Loudmouth was just loud and didn't really do much.
Something has been bugging me for the longest time and I just wanted to share with the world. Why in the world to people continually move injured spots saying "It really hurts when I do this....".......you know what.........STOP moving it then. I'm a medical first responder and people tend to get injured, walk up to me and go "It really hurts when I move....." and well, my thought is...."Just stop moving it you doof!!!" but I can't say that aloud. A joke did pass me this weekend pertaining to heart attack or asthma. So if someone walks up to me complaining about heart pain....do I tell them not to move the heart?...hmm...that would be quite an interesting conversation piece with my superintendent. But for other injuries, I really really suggest, don't move that spot instead of moving it around going "It really hurts...."
I just can't wait for this week and next week. Major movies galour. The Da Vinci Code will be out this week followed by X-Men: The Last Stand. Considering everyone in the world must have had contact with The Da Vinci Code in one form or another, I think there will be really high bars posed for the movie. I just hope they do a good job of it. As for X-Men, is it really the final movie installment? The Last Stand...hmmmm.........I guess it's just a title and I'm reading too much into it. I can't wait to see the major battle scenes. I have yet to watch Silent Hill. I guess I might have to wait for the DVD to comeout and rent it to watch.
So how did people spend Mother's Day?
I would like to publicly congratulate my coworker Jack and his wife with their 2nd child. He is very healthy and doing well (as I hear).
As a head's up, I have will be getting my new camera later this week (fingers crossed). The Canon S3 IS, so hopefully I can talk more about this later and post some pics that I took.
So I will end this post with something I find very very foolish and a total waste of time. I.T. costumer support for I.T. people. You DON'T ASK OTHER IT PEOPLE THE GENERIC "did you plug in the computer" QUESTION and WASTE VALUABLE TIME. "Just to be sure" is very over rated.