Tuesday, May 02, 2006

There is no old age, There is, as there always was, just you

It's been two days since my date of birth.....something another mumbling.....can't sing like barenaked ladies........mumble grumble. I don't feel any different. People have been asking me, so how does it feel to be another year older? You know what? Since I see myself everyday, I don't really notice much difference....it's not like the moment that it hit midnight I suddenly spin a cocoon, incubate for a few seconds and spring out anew. But I guess it's the thing to ask.

It twas a sad day yesterday. I received news from my coworker that Mister Bunny had kick the can. After 11 years, Mister Bunny finally was too old to continue. Mister Bunny guest starred on Darth Tater, and was a crutial part of the Leslie family. After Mark told me that his son tried to feed Mister Bunny a chip, it brought about a bit if a rush of tears thinking of how innocent little Alex was. How to break it to Alex? Mister Bunny......has gone to a far off place, where there is a luscious grass field and boxes of Cherios all over the place. But I smiled, and laughed off the tears before they could escape the clutches of my eyelids. Yes....I am emotional. I get touched by such things. My condolences.

In other news, this morning during the rush to get to work. It felt like the longest ride ever. As usual, I get on the subway and find a corner seat and fall asleep. I usually wake up a few stops prior to mine and wait to depart. Today, I work up every single stop. I have no understanding why......it was weird. Then at the bus stop, waiting for the streetcar, I stood at the edge of the sidewalk waiting for the streetcar to stop. I walk up to the streetcar door and wait for people to depart. All the people leaving got off the steps and I was about to move forward into the streetcar. A young lady barges through and charges straight into the streetcar. She rams into me and I slam into the pole getting onto the streetcar. She looks back and gives me this "You're in my way" stare. Everyone mumbles something, an elderly lady asks if I'm ok. I proceed onto the streetcar to my stop, three blocks to the west.