Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Oh Sleep! It is a gentle thing

So I did the thing I chuckle at on subways when I see it last night. As I was dozing off on the subway ride home, I did the bad 3v1l thing. Everynight when I head home on the subway, I sit down, hug my bag with my arms crossed behind the backstraps, tilt my head down and drift off to the land of OZ. Last night, like any other night, I drifted and found my yellow brick road. Seemingly like an instant, the Wicked Witch of the West flies down and smacks me on the head, I hear a screetching sound of the brakes going off and I am tossed to the left where my head lands comfortably on something soft. I slowly open my eyes and look at the soft cusion that I landed on, there he was, a buffed up gentleman that glared at me as I quickly retracted my head from his shoulder. I mumbled my sorry, and quickly shut my eyes in hopes that I can find my yellow brick road again, hopefully Dorthy's there waiting still.....cuz I think I'm the scarecrow now.
Two of my WoW buddies will be leaving tomorrow morning as of 9am. It is a sad thing. I feel like there's a hole inside me now. But things will be ok, they will be fine.
Ok, this is the second time in my life that I've been called upon as a reference. This is the first time that a person has actually called me to ask me questions. Wow, it really seemed like they were interviewing me instead. "What are his strengths and weaknesses?" "Why do you think he would be a good candidate for the company?.......yadda yadda...ha ha ha......shouldn' t I just apply for the job right there?....oh wait...I already have a job.......I think.