Thursday, April 20, 2006

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself

I've been working from home yesterday and today. It's a very nice calm and relaxing environment where I can just hum to myself and get some work done. The scary part of it is that I'm all alone in this house. All I here is the humming of my harddrive and the occational pigeon that decides to give my window a make over.
There are two things that the birds annoy me with. One would be the window make over and the second is ramming full speed into my window. I don't know if I should feel sorry for the bird or laugh at it for conking itself on my window. It happens at least a few times during each summer. I'd be happily doing something in my room and a loud *THUD* would hit my window and freak the bajeeziz out of me. I would run downstairs and open up the backyard door and step out to see that the bird landed in the grass and is in the process of getting up. By the time I reach the bird, it's taken a flight to slam its head into someone else's window. I'm impressed it doesn't have some kind of mild concussion or something like that. Good thing it didn't start thinking I was its mommy.
So as I was walking back into my room, my doorbell rings with a quick urgent *ding-dong ding-dong*. I run from the hallway down to the front door (this was only 2 seconds or so) and already the gentleman in lightblue was walking back to the truck. It was the postman. I don't get this.......do they have some kind of clause that says they have to ring the door bell? Cuz I think there's no point in doing so if he's just going to ring it and turn around. Anyhow, I got my package. To my surprise, this package was ordered yesterday from Indigo. So I take the package up to my room and unravel it. I ordered two books as a present to my cousin "Think" and "Blink". They are opposites of each other. One states that crucial decisions can be made in a blink of an eye, and the other says you can't. The only dissapointing thing I have about the books are that they are slightly smuged in some sort of ink and is a bit bent. Since it's a gift for my cousin, I guess I don't have to care too much over it, but I would still prefer that it be in mint condition.