Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Travel is only glamorous in retrospect

Nothing really special has happened in the past little while. The newest thing about my life would most likely be, I'm watching LOST (TV series) with my girlfriend from Season 1 Episode 1.

In the past few days, I've found something very interesting about the station parking lot. For every minute I am early, there is one more column of parking space. For the station I'm going to, one column is around 10 car spots. It also means cutting down around 10 seconds of walking.....OOOOOooooooo. The only problem I find is, the entire parking lot is built under a a lot of hydro....HUGE hydro stations. The moment I step out of the car, I can hear the low humming of the wires as the electricity passes through. *bzzzz*

It seems that my friend Mark had a little Apprentice run-in earlier this week. Go to his blog and it'll be much clearer what I mean. But the gist of it is, Mark goes in with his team and instead of backing Mark up, they all keep tight lips and he was just banged up pretty hard by Mr. Trump. Foo R YIRED!!!!......ok, it's not that serious, but still, when he needed support the most, there was none. Kinda gives you that feeling of rushing the front lines solo while your comrades stay in the bunkers.

I have this thing called the metropass, it's supposed to give me unlimted usage of the transit system here in the city. There is just one minor problem, if there are no streetcars in sight, what am I paying for??!?!? In the past year or so, I've found out that getting to work and going home from work, I'm walking from my building to the nearest station (a good 10 minute walk). Not that I don't like the good excercise, it's just that one days like today, all dark, dreary, wet, I would prefer to NOT walk the 10 minute and get splashed by cars rushing through the streets. A lot of times I walk to the station, look back and all I see is a transit supervisor looking at his watch, but no streetcar in sight. Now they're raising the price of the metropass to around 100 bucks a pop. So wait, I'm not really getting full service but I'm paying money for it? This is absurd!

Very interesting event that just happened a few hours ago. I was driving home from the station on this dark, dreary, wet night. As I turn onto the small street, I see a car turn around the corner and is coming at me. The car did not have their headlights on so I found them really suspicious. I didn't head too much attention to the car until I turned into my own street, it seemed to slowly follow me onto the street. I hang a left and a quick right onto my driveway. I reach up for the garage remote and depress the far left button. A loud "WHRRRRRrrrrr...*crack crack crack*....whrrrrr..." begins and my garage door opens up. I drive into the garage and turn off the ignition. I glace at my rearview mirror and find that the mysterious car packed on the opposite curb. The silver car (Grand-AM maybe...) had turned off its ignition but no one stepped out. I proceed to my curb to pick back up the recycling box and place it neatly in my garage. The silver car was still there and no one stepped out. I close the garage door "WHRRRRRRrrrrrrrr....*crack crack*...whrrrrr...*boom*" and proceed to enter the house. I drop off my bag, hang my jacket and head upstairs to the master bedroom. I sneak to the window and peak outside, it was still there. I thought "maybe the car is just waiting for someone...." But if so, why drive with no lights? This was getting more and more scary by the moment. A quick flashlight shined on the driver side and turned off. Did that really happen? or were my eyes giving? I stand there for a minute or so and the car owner makes a mistake. *red flash* it seemed that the driver accidentally hit the break peddle. They gave away their pressence. I return to my room and switch on the computer. My room is filled with a low whiring noise. I visit the little clown's room and proceed back to the Master Bedroom. A quick white light flashes and I realize that the silver car was going into the "D" position. I continue to monitor the car while my hand gripped firmly onto my cell. The car slowly pulls away from the curb and drives off........or did it? I just checked and it is not outside anymore. I wonder what the car was doing here? Was there really a car?