Sunday, April 02, 2006

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege...

Yesterday I went back to visit my University. The first stop was actually a market place just a bit north of the University grounds. The market had 2 floors and lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Although the temperature was supposed to be 9 degrees celcius, plus the 50km/h west winds, it was more like -9 degrees. A lot of the vendors were actually outside in the freezing wind selling their goods. Since it was near the end of the day, they were trying to sell off everything. I ended up buying enough food for 2 weeks with $15. Unfortunately, I don't think I can eat all that food on my own. Fool am I to the bargain grabs.......

The group ended up at the University around 3ish. The first thing we did was pig out at a buffet place. We stunk of the greese and herbs there. After eating, we went to the central library, aka the Dating Centre. Much has changed in there. It used to be row after row after row of individual cubicals, but since there was such a high demand for group study areas, they took down a lot of the cubicals and turned them into long tables. We were amazed to see that 9/10 people there had laptops. It used to be such a rarity for someone to own a laptop. I guess people realized that since they could spend a few hundred more dollars they can be portable, why not? Oh, the other thing about just having tables is the open concept and the ability to be very very social in there. Further enforcing the "Dating Centre" motto. They're really defeating the purpose of going to a library to study..........

Our tour continued with my old building and a few other hangout points that we used to go to. Nothing too spectacular. Everyone was in "finals" mode, so all I did was disturb them in their trances of checking out other people in the study halls, or responding to MSN/ICQ messages. I actually found something strange, I myself do this too, but people seem to be messaging each other at the same table. I noticed 2 occurances of this, someone would type something like "So what chapter you at?" then they'd nudge that person and say "Did you get my message?" What the heck?!?!?! Ok, I did that in first year with my room mate, but I didn't follow up with a "Did you get my message?" Anyhow, FOOLS!!!!! Actually, I'd upgrade that to IDIOT status.

I returned home all exhausted and had a great game of Settler's with my friends.

Alright, who's bright idea was it to invent Daylight Savings Time (DST)? I was totally oblivious to it this morning. I woke up at 7:30 thinking it was early, but lo and behold it was actually 8:30. Big bad news for me. By the time I realized DST was in effect, I was too late already. I think I was crowned King of Stupidity for just about 10 minutes there.