Friday, February 09, 2007

At the end of the day I'm another day older.....

We are nearing the end of the earthquake. Pieces are slowly going back into place and our shamble of sand will be replaced with a beautiful castle on the beach. At least that's what I'm thinking. It's been a very long journey and a long battle but I believe the war is not over and there is still a long looooooong tunnel to travel. The casualties have been noted and I'm still waiting for a phoenix to rise from the ashes.

So in the past two weeks, I've been going to the local University's concerts. There was a Violin Concerto, and tonight I went to a Piano soloist. Most of the pieces played were new age....modern pieces. It was not my cup of tea. I was very impressed with how agile the player's fingers were. They danced across the keyboard, and at times it was as if he was releasing all his anger and rage onto the poor keyboard. I do believe that he did an excellent job, but I'm not too sure I appreciate the score selection. There was one set of "studies", they were the American Prelude. The preludes had titles such as: Sadness, Tribute to Aaron Copeland, Tribute to....I forget. Very very interesting 3-5 minute preludes. His final selection was called Flaming...something......and I could see the fire coming from his hands and also the grand piano was dancing too...it was like watching the piano tuned up like one of those cars in a MTV I've seen. **Bouncy Bouncy**

Tomorrow will be a full day of training......I wonder if I'll be awake enough for it.