Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Brought to you by the number 4 OR 6

In the past week I watched two new movies, V for Vendetta and Inside Man. They were both pertty well done.

V had the dark Matrix-like feel to it. Maybe because Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith) was playing V. Or maybe it was because V was produced by the Wachowski Brothers? So I did a bit of research prior to watching the film around the Guy Fawkes incident. Doing this 5 minute research let me enjoy the movie so much more. At least it brought a bit of understanding of why this "V" person wanted to blow up parliment. I don't want to give too much away, but this movie is pretty well done, story, character development, music, action, and even a bit of romance. 8/10 Doors.

The second movie I for Inside Man is a wonderful cop and robber thriller. I don't want to spoil anything at all, hence all I am saying is, it's a 10/10 doors.

Speaking of movies, I managed to live through a movie called Adaptation by Nicolas Cage. Just a really strange drama about screenwriters trying to come up with good script. There is an underlying plot around an author of a book that the screenwriter is writing about. I find many of the scenes with Nicolas Cage bare chested in bed, dreaming of certain fantasies very VERY disturbing. I'm not sure if females find him attractive and sexy that way, but I really REALLY found it way too disturbing. In the end, I didn't really find much out of the movie other than, I just watched Nicolas Cage pace around for 114 minutes. Actually...I could say that I watched him for 228 minutes because he played twins. 5/10 doors, I would've just gave it a 3, but because I like Nicolas Cage, I gave it a +2.