Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pop goes the....

So on the past Tuesday, I managed to tear something under my patella (knee-cap). Somehow I tore my left knee when I knelt down to show the St. John Ambulance brigade members how to strap down a casualty on the back board. It was an intense sharp pain at first like I just knelt on broken glass, then quickly it went into a burning sensation for the next 10-20 minutes.

I'm lucky to have my bro as a chiro, he was able to quickly get me checked out and an ultrasound done. I'm now waiting for the report. It does scare me to think....what if I'm going to lose the ability to use my left leg? But even if it heals now, I do believe that it will come back to haunt me in the future.....way in the future.....when I'm old and feeling all of the symptoms of past injuries. *shiver*

In other news, started watching two new television series: Flashpoint and The Mentalist. Both shows seem to have their captivating moments. Flashpoint was filmed and based in Toronto, which is the main selling point for me I guess. The Mentalist is more of a Sherlock Holmes in the present day type of mystery/crime drama. I can't wait to watch the next episodes. ^__^