Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bzzzzt.....Still Alive.......

So lately I've been experiencing a lot of computer malfunctions. I guess it's more like people around me have been feeling their computers are almost at the FUBAR state. My computer did end up being trashed.

The run down of things are that I have a Sapphire X1950 video card. Anyone who owns one will know that it overheats like there's no tomorrow. My core temps were shooting off the wall at an average of 90 degrees C. Then without me knowing it, my fan died. I had to go out and get a third party after market fan for the video card. I got the AC Accelero X2. Stupid me for not doing research....due to the X1950 being a slightly LONGER card, the Accelero X2 doesn't cover the entire card and actually needs a new piece to compensate. This new piece (Voltage Regulator) is needed to keep the card from dying. Little did I know at that point, but in the end...my video card died of overheating.

So now I've gone out and bought myself a new computer. It took me 2 days to setup that wonderful piece of......artwork. Hope it'll last me for another year and a bit.

All this kinda reminds me of Still Alive.......