Monday, January 29, 2007

Me Me.....wait...I'm not part of that club....

I guess that since I'm inhaling my lunch right now, I should try to blog...or reblog..for the......50 billioth time. I have these waves of blogs..then stop...then blogs then halt........
Well, this is my wave of blogs that I'm starting again.

Considering in the blog world, Monday may be considered "Me Me Monday", I guess I'll blog a bit of something about me.

As some people know, I'm not really a banana......as people may call "us"....aka Yellow out, White inside.

So this happened to me in grade 6. I remember my teacher Ms. O'Leary, she was our homeroom teacher. There was one lunch break when I was eating lunch with my friends Brian and Justin when Brian threw some joking comment at me and I just sat there and smiled because there was no point in retaliating. I just continued to eat my lunch. Ms. O'Leary caught wind of it and decided that she would speak up against that comment. So Ms. O'Leary walked over and said "Should you stand up for yourself?" So me being a very VERY sarcastic person, I just stood up and said, "Ok, I've stood up." and continued to smile. Alright, that was a BAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhd move on my part. The next thing I knew, right after lunch, Ms. O'Leary said that I should see some teacher. So I took my books and walked over to the other teacher's place (her name escapes my mind).

Anyhow, the teacher (let's just call her Ms. Perry for now) sat me down and said "Ms. O'Leary says that you may have some trouble with grasping the English langauge." My looks betrayed me and I must've gave her the "WTF? huh?" look. So she quickly said "Just for the sake of Ms O'Leary, I have some questions for you." So on she went with metaphors, simalies, yadda yadda. We spent the whole afternoon dealing with "What is a green-thumb? What is the meaning of "standing up for yourself"? What is a noun?" yes, it was a bit humiliating I thought. After I got all of those "correct" as it seems, Ms. Perry finally asked me, "So why did you just stand up?" I told her "I was being playful and sarcastic." So she just laughed and sent me on my way back to class.

After that little experience, it seems that I was good enough to "help" the ESL teacher. I became a transaltor for Ms. Perry for the remainder of the year.

Wow, this brings back a lot of memories...........wish I was still a kid.....