Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rain Drain's the Brain

This was supposed to be posted a week ago, but I've been way too busy to finish this blog. I feel like just writing something right now. Some really big changes have happened recently in my life and it's quite a twist........well, I might just finish my posting from last week and I'll blog about life changes tomorrow...or the day after....

I've always said that once it rains or snows, people lose the ability to drive.

Although last night wasn't raining, I could say that the gas prices dropped a bit (by 5 cents) and people were swarming gas stations like hungry vultures on carcuses (sorry for the horrible visual/graphical display....but you'll understand in a bit why). So I chose one of the lineups that was shorter and did the gas station waiting dance. Inch forward, turn off ignition, turn on ignition, inch forward, repeat...lather until you get to the pumping station itself. My car was 3rd in line when a blue jaguar pulled into the pumping station I was in line for. The person that was "supposed" to be next got out of the car and told the blue jaguar dude to back off. Everyone in our line had been waiting for 30 minutes and Mr. Jaguar here thinks that it's a do-not-need-to-line-up system. So Mr. Jaguar stands there and doesn't move, Mr. Angry holds onto the pump so Mr. Jaguar can't get his gas. After another 10 minutes and me going to another line, a lady steps out of her car and starts yelling at Mr. Jaguar. Then more people get out of their cars to tell Mr. Jaguar to go away. Finally, after another 15 minutes, I'm pumping in gas, they resolve the issue by Mr. Jaguar cursing and cussing while driving off to another line. People clap. And there was much rejoicing.

Finally...I can post this........